- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 ounces prosciutto
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 chanterelle mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 cups beef stock, or more as needed, divided
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium heat; cook prosciutto until edges begin to curl and fat is rendered, 2 to 3 minutes. Add shallot and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook for 30 seconds.
- Cook and stir rice into prosciutto mixture, stirring continually, until rice is translucent around edges, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour red wine into rice mixture; cook, stirring every 30 seconds, until wine is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Stir 1 cup broth into rice mixture, cooking and stirring until broth is almost completely absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes. Continue adding 1 cup broth at a time, stirring constantly, until rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix arugula, Parmesan cheese, thyme, and black pepper into rice mixture; cook and stir until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Red Wine Risotto, recipe