- 3 pounds seedless cucumber, sliced paper-thin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 walnut halves, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Korean red pepper powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place sliced cucumbers in a large bowl and sprinkle evenly with sea salt; allow liquid to drain from cucumbers, about 15 minutes. Spoon cucumbers onto sheets of paper towels; wrap paper towels around cucumbers and wring out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix rice vinegar, rice wine, sesame oil, honey, lemon juice, green onion, sesame seeds, walnuts, garlic, Korean red pepper powder, and ground black pepper in a bowl; add cucumbers and toss. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors blend, at least 30 minutes.
Refreshing Korean Cucumber Salad, recipe