- 1 pound raw chicken tenders or strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups four cheese Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken and flour in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and shake to coat. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Shake excess flour off chicken; cook and stir in hot oil for 4 to 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown and cooked through (juices run clear). Remove from skillet and place in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, reserving 2/3 cup cooking water, and return pasta to pot. Set aside pasta and cooking water.
- Wipe skillet with paper towel. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion, and garlic and cook and stir for 3 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 3 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce, cover and heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to reserved pasta in pot, then add reserved cooking water and chicken. Toss to mix, pour into serving bowls and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Restaurant-Style Chicken Scampi, recipe