- 3 tomatoes, halved
- 1 eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 1 small onion, halved
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place tomatoes, eggplant, onion and garlic on a baking sheet and brush with oil.
- Roast in preheated oven until very tender and brown in spots, 45 minutes.
- Scoop out eggplant pulp and discard skin. Place eggplant pulp, tomatoes, onion and garlic in a large heavy saucepan with thyme and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat and simmer until onion is very tender, 45 minutes.
- Puree in batches in a food processor or blender, or using an immersion blender. Return to low heat and stir in cream. Bring to a simmer, thinning with more broth, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with goat cheese.
Rich and Creamy Roasted Eggplant Soup, recipe