- 1 quart vegetable stock, or as needed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 carrot, minced
- 1/2 stalk celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (reduced balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat to low and keep simmering.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir carrot, celery, and onion until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; stir in rice. Cook and stir until rice is coated with oil and warm, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in red wine and stir until rice is coated and wine is absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour 1 ladleful of warm vegetable stock into the rice mixture; cook, stirring continuously, until stock is absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes. Continue adding stock, 1 ladleful at a time, cooking and stirring after each addition until liquid is absorbed and risotto is easily broken when chewed, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir radicchio, Gorgonzola cheese, and walnuts into risotto until cheese is completely melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add more stock and cook until risotto is tender yet firm to the bite, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and cover stockpot for 1 minute.
- Spoon risotto onto plates and top with balsamic glaze and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Risotto Con Radicchio, Gorgonzola, Noci, e Crema di Balsamico, recipe