- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk (divided)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until the oil shimmers; meanwhile, beat the egg whites until frothy in a bowl, and place the bread crumbs in a separate flat bowl. Dip the chicken breasts into the egg white, dredge in crumbs, and brown on both sides in the hot oil until golden, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Place the chicken breasts into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix about 3 tablespoons of evaporated milk with the cornstarch until smooth. Pour the rest of the evaporated milk into a saucepan, and mix in Parmesan cheese, parsley, and black pepper. Over medium-low heat, bring the milk mixture just to a bare simmer, and whisk in the cornstarch mixture; let cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts; sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese has melted, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a chicken breast should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Ritzy Chicken, recipe