- 3 large beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch fresh kale, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Trim roots and stems from beets. Coat beets with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Place beets onto prepared baking sheet.
- Roast beets for 30 minutes; turn beets over and continue roasting until tender, 30 minutes to 1 hour more. Let beets cool. Peel skins from beets and cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss cooked beets with kale, cashews, dried cherries, and golden raisins in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk apple cider, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, and cider vinegar in a bowl. Slowly drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil into apple cider mixture, whisking constantly, until dressing is combined. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour for flavors to blend before serving.
Roasted Beet and Kale Salad, recipe