- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- sea salt to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- 4 cups Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 1/4 cups Arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Toss butternut squash chunks lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and white pepper. Spread on a roasting pan and bake in preheated oven until fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine Swanson(R) Unsalted Chicken Stock, orange juice, and rosemary in a saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low or a heat level that allows it to slowly simmer.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until the onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add Arborio rice and cook and stir until rice is coated and starting to toast, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in 1 cup of the Swanson(R) Unsalted Chicken Stock/orange juice mixture and stir until liquid is absorbed into the rice.
- Continue to add liquid 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until well absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup until all the liquid has been added, about 30 minutes. Remove pan from heat; discard rosemary sprig. Stir in roasted butternut squash, butter, and dried cranberries. Season with salt and white pepper. Top with chopped pecans.
Roasted Butternut Orange Risotto, recipe