- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place eggplant, zucchini, onion and mushrooms in a 2 quart casserole dish. In a small bowl combine the tomato paste with the water, and stir in garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables and mix well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until eggplant is tender, stirring occasionally. Add water as necessary if vegetables begin to stick; however, vegetables should be fairly dry, with slightly browned edges.
roasted eggplant and mushrooms, recipe