- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, halved
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered
- 12 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 slice bread
- 1/2 cup toasted whole almonds
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the tomatoes, bell pepper, and garlic cloves onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush the vegetables with some of the olive oil, then sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake in the preheated oven until the garlic has turned golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 10 minutes. While the vegetables are cooling, bake the bread slice on one of the oven racks until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
- Scrape the vegetables and any juices from the pan into a food processor or blender. Break the bread into pieces, and add to the food processor along with the toasted almonds, vinegar, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Puree until finely ground, then drizzle in the remaining olive oil with the machine running. Season to taste with additional salt if necessary.
Romesco Sauce, recipe