- 2 pounds skin-on chicken pieces, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons dried rosemary, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 yellow squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Place chicken pieces in the pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of rosemary, cayenne, salt, and pepper over chicken. Add yellow squash, zucchini, onion, and grape tomatoes; mix and spread evenly. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of rosemary, minced garlic, garlic salt, and parsley on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring halfway through, until chicken is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Uncover baking pan; baste chicken with accumulated juices. Bake, uncovered, until browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 15 minutes more.
Rosemary Chicken and Roasted Vegetables, recipe