- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and dredge each pork chop in the mixture, patting lightly to evenly coat each chop.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the chops in the oil for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until well browned. Then add the chicken broth, sherry and the rosemary to taste. Spread the sliced onion over the chops, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Flip the chops, allowing the onion slices to drop down into the liquid. Re-cover, and simmer for 5 more minutes, or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
rosemary sherry pork chops, Steaks and Chops recipe