- 1 1/2 pounds ground round
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in the cabbage, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and water. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender, and the water has cooked away, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the tortillas one at a time in a large skillet over medium heat until pliable.
- Place a tortilla onto your work surface, then spoon some of the filling halfway between the bottom edge and the center of the tortilla. Flatten the filling into rectangle shape with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Cheddar cheese over the filling. Fold the bottom of the tortilla snugly over the filling, then fold in the left and right edges. Roll the burrito up to the top edge, forming a tight cylinder. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Runza Burritos nternational, recipe