- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
- 1 cup tomato - peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease a large shallow baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, tomatoes, eggs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well. Shape into 12 (4-inch) round patties. Place in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until evenly brown, and juices run clear. Cook to a minimum of 160 degrees F (73 degrees C).
Salisbury Steak, recipe