- 12 ounces spinach fettuccine pasta
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can canned salmon, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain. Drain the can of salmon over a 2 cup measure. Add enough milk to make 1 3/4 cups.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce. In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; saute until onion is tender. Reduce heat to low, and stir in flour. Remove from heat.
- Stir into cooked vegetables, the milk mixture and wine. Return pan to heat, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes. Break salmon into chunks; stir into the sauce. Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, and dill. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and heat though. Serve over hot pasta.
Salmon With Green Fettuccine, recipe