- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 12 ounces canned San Marzano-style peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Pour canned tomatoes into skillet over medium heat; stir in tomato sauce, vodka, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer sauce, stirring occasionally, until alcohol is completely cooked off, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in cream and simmer until heated through, about 5 more minutes. Remove sauce from heat.
- Pour sauce over penne pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
San Marzano Penne Vodka, recipe