- 6 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Combine raspberries, 1/2 cup sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Press raspberry mixture through a strainer into a bowl. Discard seeds. Refrigerate raspberry puree.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar, heavy cream, and milk in a saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla bean paste. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour.
- Pour cream mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze to soft-serve consistency according to manufacturer's instructions, 15 to 20 minutes. Pour into a freezer-safe container; swirl in the raspberry mixture. Freeze until firm, 8 hours to overnight.
Shorecook's Raspberry Swirl Vanilla Bean ce Cream, recipe