- 1/2 (16 ounce) package uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tasso ham, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning blend (such as Tony Chachere's®)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of lightly-salted water to a rolling boil. Stir the rotini into the boiling water. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the tasso, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, onion, green pepper, green onion, and celery. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the basil, thyme, Cajun seasoning, and hot sauce; cook 1 minute.
- Pour in the cream, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and crawfish tails, and cook until hot, then toss with the rotini pasta. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Shrimp and Tasso Pasta, recipe