- 6 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, divided, or as needed
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1 slice fresh ginger root, minced
- Combine eggs, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Heat a few drops of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add bean sprouts, shrimp, green onion, celery, and ginger; cook and stir until celery is translucent but still crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and stir into egg mixture.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/4 egg-shrimp mixture into skillet; tilt pan to spread mixture evenly. Cook until golden brown, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining egg-shrimp mixture.
Shrimp Eggs Foo Yung, recipe