- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon pesto, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl; mix 2 teaspoons pesto and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil into orzo.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet; cook and stir shrimp, red bell pepper, and capers in hot oil until shrimp is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir remaining 1 teaspoon pesto, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper into shrimp mixture; cook and stir until combined, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix orzo into shrimp mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
Shrimp Orzo Pesto, recipe