- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic powder; cook and stir until onion is golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in egg noodles and return to a boil. Cook noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Stir sour cream and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter into the skillet of ground beef. Add cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Stir well. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened to desired consistency, about 10 minutes. Add sauce to the egg noodles.
Simple Ground Beef Stroganoff, recipe