- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening (such as Crisco®)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry egg replacer (such as Ener-G®)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Combine confectioners' sugar, shortening, and white sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add coconut milk, water, egg replacer, vanilla extract, and almond extract; beat on medium speed until combined.
- Stir flour, cornstarch, and cream of tartar together in a separate bowl. Beat into shortening mixture until combined. Cover and refrigerate dough until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into small portions. Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness on a generously floured surface. Cut into desired shapes with 2-inch cookie cutters. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 10 to 12 minutes.
Simple Vegan Sugar Cookies, recipe