- 6 dry Chinese egg noodle nests
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup julienned carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole straw mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly-salted water to a rolling boil; add the egg noodle nests and return to a boil. Turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Stir in the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes; cook a few seconds until the garlic begins to turn golden. Add the chicken, green onions, and carrots. Cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in the water chestnuts, mushrooms, peanut butter, oyster sauce, curry powder, and soy sauce until the peanut butter has dissolved into the sauce.
- Stir the noodles into the chicken mixture; cover and reduce heat to warm or very low. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes for the noodles to absorb some of the sauce.
Singapore Noodles, recipe