- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves in small bowl.
- In large mixing bowl combine sugar, butter, and extracts until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Slowly add flour mix, beating dough between additions. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop dough by tablespoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes, or until cookies are just brown. After cooling cookies on the tray for 2 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
slightly spicy chocolate chip cookies, recipe