- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 pounds moose meat, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 4 cups beef stock
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- Place flour in a shallow bowl; press meat into the flour to coat and shake off the excess flour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium; cook and stir meat until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer meat to a large slow cooker. Pour beef stock over meat in slow cooker; add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, diced tomatoes with juice, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, garlic, and bay leaves. Gently stir mixture.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.
Slow Cooker Caribou Stew, recipe