- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 bay leaves, crumbled
- 8 whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (4 pound) beef brisket
- 1 cup water
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 small head cabbage, sliced into strips
- Stir together the onion, garlic, mustard, vinegar, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt, parsley, and celery seed in a bowl. Cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Rub the brisket with the mixture, wrap tightly, and refrigerate overnight.
- To cook the brisket, place it into a slow cooker along with the water. Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours. Add the carrots, and cabbage, and continue cooking until the brisket is tender, about 3 hours more.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef-Style Brisket, recipe