- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (7 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 2 yams, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine the pork, tomatoes, green chiles, yams, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on Low until the pork is very tender, 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in the frozen corn, recover, and cook until the corn is hot, 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese to serve.
slow cooker green chile stew, Pork recipe