- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (7 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 2 yams, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine the pork, tomatoes, green chiles, yams, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on Low until the pork is very tender, 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in the frozen corn, recover, and cook until the corn is hot, 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese to serve.
Slow Cooker Green Chile Stew, recipe