- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 1/2 cups ketchup
- Place ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook until brown, breaking up the meat as it cooks, about 15 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Place the cooked meat, onion, garlic, celery, salt, black pepper, cider vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, and ketchup into a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Set the cooker on Low, and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
Slow Cooker Ground Beef Barbecue, recipe