- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chile pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 (3 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place the garlic, onion, oregano, cumin, chile pepper, salt, and pepper into a blender. Pour in the olive oil and vinegar. Puree until smooth. Spread this mixture all over the pork loin, and place into a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until the pork is fork tender, 6 to 8 hours. When ready, cut the pork into chunks, or shred; garnish with lime wedges to serve.
Slow Cooker Pernil Pork, recipe