- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (3 pound) boneless pork sirloin roast (trimmed and tied with kitchen twine, if necessary)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 limes, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Use a sharp knife to poke 3 to 5 holes into the pork roast. Stuff about half the garlic into the holes. Cook roast in hot oil to brown completely, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer roast to the crock of a slow cooker.
- Blend orange juice, lime juice, remaining garlic, cumin, salt, and oregano in a blender until smooth; pour over the pork.
- Leave the pork marinating in the orange juice mixture for 10 minutes; turn roast and let other side marinate for 10 minutes.
- Turn slow cooker to Low and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove pork to a cutting board. Shred meat using 2 forks.
- Drain liquid from the slow cooker crock, reserving 1 cup. Return shredded pork to the slow cooker crock, pour reserved liquid over the meat and stir.
- Look on Low until the meat is again hot, 15 to 20 minutes.
Slow Cooker Puerto Rican Shredded Pork, recipe