- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 4 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 rib celery, sliced (optional)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Whisk rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger together in a large bowl until dressing is combined.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add soba noodles, stir, and return water to a boil. Boil noodles until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain noodles in a colander under cold running water until cool, about 1 minute.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breast pieces until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 2 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, salt, and pepper; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Toss soba noodles, chicken, celery, carrot, red pepper, cilantro, green onion, and sesame seeds together with dressing in large bowl.
Soba Noodle Salad with Chicken and Sesame, recipe