- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Combine apples, 2 tablespoons flour, nutmeg, and salt. Mix together egg, sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar, and vanilla; blend into the apple mixture. Pour filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Cream together 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and 1/4 cup butter or margarine. Set topping aside.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), and continue baking for 30 minutes. Remove pie from oven, and sprinkle with topping. Increase temperature to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C), and bake pie for 10 more minutes. Cool.
Sour Cream Apple Pie, recipe