- 1 pound beef sausage
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 pounds spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cook sausage for 30 minutes. Cut into bite sized pieces, and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and mushrooms in olive oil until tender. Remove with slotted spoon, and set aside. Stir into Dutch oven: tomato paste, tomato juice, Italian tomatoes, and wine. Stir until smooth. Mix in oregano, basil, parsley, garlic, garlic salt, and sugar. Return sausage and onion and mushroom saute to sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 3 hours. Cover pot if sauce becomes too thick.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Serve sauce over pasta.
spaghetti with tomato and sausage sauce, Spaghetti recipe