- 1/2 pound peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, boil squash 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and puree in a food processor.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, white sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together milk, egg and butter. Stir in squash. Fold the squash mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling cups about 1/2 full. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from muffin pan and cool on a wire rack.
spiced butternut squash muffins, Muffins recipe