- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the 2 flours, flax seed meal, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In another large bowl, beat together the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, yogurt , eggs, molasses, applesauce, canola oil, vanilla, and until well-blended. Stir in the flour mixture just to combine, and gently mix in the raisins and walnuts.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared muffin tins, sprinkle each muffin with a few rolled oats and pumpkin seeds, and bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when touched and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
spiced pumpkin molasses muffins, Pumpkin Bread recipe