- cooking spray
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk buttermilk, 1 teaspoon taco seasoning, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Mix remaining taco seasoning, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, flour, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a separate bowl.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture; coat with bread crumbs mixture. Place coated chicken in broiler pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is longer pink in the center and coating is crispy, 30 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Spicy Baked Picnic Chicken, recipe