- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pound carrots - peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound beets - peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup brewed black tea
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 cups arugula
- 2 1/2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place the carrots and onion on one side of the pan, and the beets on the other side. Spray the vegetables with cooking spray. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then uncover pan and roast until browned and tender, about 20 more minutes.
- Whisk together the honey, ground chipotle pepper, Dijon mustard, olive oil, tea, apple cider vinegar, and salt until the mixture is smooth and the salt has dissolved. Place the roasted carrots, onion, and beets into a large bowl, and pour the dressing over the vegetables. Gently toss vegetables to coat with dressing.
- To serve, place 1 cup of arugula on each of 5 salad plates, then top with 1 cup of the dressed vegetables and 1/2 ounce of goat cheese.
Spicy Beet and Carrot Salad, recipe