- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover, and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the Brussels sprouts, and season with garlic, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes. Recover, and steam to your desired degree of tenderness, about 30 minutes for very tender.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the steamer and place into a bowl. Add the green onions, mustard, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss until evenly coated.
Spicy Brussels Sprouts, recipe