- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (13.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place onion in skillet and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in lentils, broth, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine black beans and corn in a saucepan (if using canned beans and corn, drain first). Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through about 8 minutes.
- Spread tortilla chips on a serving platter. Spoon a layer of lentils on the chips, then a layer of black beans and corn, and then salsa. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Serve while still warm.
spicy lentil nachos, recipe