- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound round steak, cut into thin strips on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup orange peel, cut into slivers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a wok or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef strips 1/3 at a time. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned, removing the done pieces to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Return all the beef to the wok. Stir in orange peel, garlic, and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sherry, marmalade, and red pepper. Pour this mixture into the beef, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 1 minute. Serve hot.
Spicy Orange Beef, recipe