- 1 habanero pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle cola
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine habanero pepper, black pepper, MSG, paprika, and cumin in a bowl. Rub mixture evenly over ribs; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine cola, apple cider, jam, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar together in another bowl; stir well.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add ribs in batches; cook until browned all all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. Add onions and garlic to the pot. Cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Return ribs to the pot; pour in cola mixture.
- Close pot securely and place pressure regulator over vent according to manufacturer's instructions. Bring to high pressure, with rapid steam escaping the cooker, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes. Let pressure release naturally according to manufacturer's instructions, about 15 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch together in a small bowl; mix until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Open pot carefully; transfer ribs to a plate. Skim any extra fat off the top of the liquid; drain to remove any solid bits. Return liquid to the pot. Mix in the cornstarch slurry. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat, until boiling. Remove from heat. Add ribs back in and coat in the liquid.
Spicy Pressure Cooker Short Ribs, recipe