- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced onion
- Combine the black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, onion powder, and salt in a small bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of olive oil to make a paste. Spread the paste all over the salmon fillets, and set aside to marinate at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Heat a separate non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon fillets in the hot skillet until golden brown on each side, and no longer translucent in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Pour the browned onions and olive oil over the salmon fillets to serve.
Spicy Salmon with Caramelized Onions, recipe