- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon harissa (optional)
- 4 slices smoked mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place mushrooms in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a roasting pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil on top and mix. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale; cook and stir until just wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer kale to the food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Combine mushrooms, kale, Italian sausage, and harissa in a bowl; mix together by hand. Form into 4 patties, taking care not to pack them too firmly.
- Heat an oven-safe grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Flip.
- Transfer grill pan to the oven and continue cooking until second side is browned, about 8 minutes. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each patty and broil until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Serve patties on toasted buns with marinara sauce.
Spicy talian Sausage Blended Burger, recipe