- Shrimp Brine:
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced peppers (red, yellow or orange)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- To brine shrimp, combine water, salt, sugar, and Kikkoman Soy Sauce in a large bowl, stirring to dissolve salt and sugar. Submerge 2 pounds of peeled and deveined shrimp in the brine. Brine for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Rinse shrimp. Place on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Roast shrimp until done, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a large bowl. Add peppers, cilantro, and shrimp; toss to coat.
Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad, recipe