- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Put spinach into a microwave-safe bowl. Pour water over the spinach. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap.
- Cook in microwave oven on High, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is heated through, 9 to 11 minutes; transfer to a colander to drain, pressing to remove as much moisture from the spinach as possible.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add spinach, cream cheese, water chestnuts, and garlic powder. Cook and stir until the cheese melts, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spread artichoke hearts into the bottom of a baking dish. Spread spinach mixture over the artichoke hearts. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the spinach mixture. Dot top of casserole with butter pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until heated through, 20 to 25 minutes.
Spinach and Artichoke Casserole, recipe