- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (45 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup dried parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 lasagna noodles, or more as needed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, or to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot pot with garlic, oregano, and basil until beef is completely browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir spaghetti sauce and spinach into ground beef mixture; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir ricotta cheese, 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Spread a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Arrange lasagna noodles in a single layer over the sauce. Spread another layer of sauce over the top and arrange another layer of lasagna noodles over sauce. Spread 1/2 the remaining sauce and 1/2 the cheese mixture over the top. Repeat layers, finishing with sauce. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes, remove aluminum foil, sprinkle lasagna with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and bake until noodles are cooked through and sauce is bubbling, about 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Spinach and Beef Lasagna, recipe