- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Reduce heat, and mix in spinach, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Stir in the black beans and broccoli. Continue to cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir the tomatoes into the saucepan, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender. Serve over the cooked pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Spinach and Black Bean Pasta, recipe