- 4 cups water
- 8 cubes chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cashew halves
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- To Make Sauce: Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water. Remove 1 cup of this broth and mix with cornstarch in a small bowl, then return mixture to saucepan and let thicken. Stir in sugar, oyster sauce and soy sauce; cover, remove from heat and set aside.
- To Make Chicken Nuggets: In a shallow dish or bowl, flour cubed chicken well and let stand in flour for 15 minutes. In a small bowl, beat egg, milk, salt and pepper together. Remove chicken from flour, dip in egg mixture, roll in flour again and deep fry in a large skillet or deep fryer until golden brown.
- Place prepared chicken nuggets on a platter; heat sauce over low heat to heat through, then pour over chicken. Sprinkle cashew halves and green onion on top and serve.
Springfield Style Cashew Chicken, recipe