- 6 dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 small zucchini, sliced
- 6 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl with the boiling water, and allow to sit 10 minutes. Remove tomatoes with a slotted spoon, and coarsely chop. Reserve the water.
- Transfer the reserved sun-dried tomato water to a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Place the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and onion in a steamer basket, and set over the boiling water. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Discard water.
- Transfer the steamed vegetables to a bowl, and mix with butter, sugar, pepper, and salt to serve.
Steamed Squash Medley with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, recipe