- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach leaves, packed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic, and cook until golden brown. Mix in tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes more, until tomatoes are heated through and spinach is wilted. Reduce heat to medium, stir in pasta and feta cheese, and cook until heated through.
Suki's Spinach and Feta Pasta, recipe